The Organ Scholar Experience (TOSE)
Tuesday 19th July 2016 (10:00) – Sunday 24th July 2016 (17:00)
The Organ Scholar Experience week includes a series of recitals and services across Cambridge, all of which are open the public.
Click here to download details of all the concerts and services.
Please note: A few places are still available on TOSE – book online or call today.
Join us in Cambridge for the essential young organists’ summer course for 2016.
Perfect for teenage organists aged 14 to 19 preparing for or considering an organ scholarship at university, cathedral or church, and for those who simply wish to gain experience in accompanying and conducting choirs, and in repertoire playing and keyboard skills.
There are just 45 places available. Generous bursaries are available (apply by 3 May – details below).
Click here to read about and see photographs of last year’s course.
Scroll down to book online.
- Sing and direct choral services of compline and evensong in Cambridge college chapels and in Ely Cathedral Lady Chapel
- Accommodation in individual rooms at magnificent Trinity College, Cambridge
- Build style and technique in classes on repertoire, keyboard skills, accompanying, improvisation, plainsong.
- Attend tutor recitals in Cambridge and Ely
- Contribute to student recitals
- Benefit from feedback and ongoing mentoring
- Be in line for RECITAL AWARDS around the UK
- Prepare for ORGAN SCHOLARSHIP trials
- Make lasting friendships and forge vital connections both in classes and in the lively social programme
- Sarah Baldock: as Organist and Master of the Choristers at Chichester Cathedral, and previously Assistant at Winchester, Sarah, now teaching at The Cheltenham Ladies College, has a breadth of experience to urge students along the path to organ scholarships and beyond.
- Tom Bell: Toms brilliant performing career has taken him from Bulgaria, to the Radio One Live Lounge! He is Organist at St Michael’s Chester Square in London, Artistic Director of London Organ Day, an admired young recording artist and an astonishingly inspiring teacher returning to TOSE by popular demand!
- Oliver Brett: formerly Organ Scholar at Kings College Cambridge, Oliver, currently Assistant Director of Music at St Marys Cathedral, Sydney (as too, earlier, at Durham Cathedral), is a stunning player and motivational choral director.
- Thomas Ospital: multiple prizewinner at international competitions in Saragossa, Toulouse and Chartres, Thomas is the brilliant new co-titulaire at Saint-Eustache, Paris, in succession to Jean Guillou.
- Anne Page: acclaimed Bach interpreter with a high international profile, Anne is recognized as one of the UKs top teachers stimulating, encouraging, motivating.
- Graham Ross: Director of Music at Clare College, Cambridge, Graham is our anchor for TOSEs unique choral programme. His relaxed yet demanding approach always galvanizes students to excel. FEES
Early-bird rates are available up till 29 February for those paying the full fees. Alternatively a deposit (minimum 50) may be paid with full fees due by 31 May. Booking at the full fee rate continues after 31 May subject to availability of places. If applying for a bursary please book before 3 May paying the deposit only and complete and return the bursary application form as soon as possible.
Email us with any questions and to discuss rates for attendance on a non-residential basis.
Click here to download the Bursary Application Form) then complete and return it as soon as possible and no later than 3 May 2016).
- RCO Student Member early-bird rate £615
- RCO Student Member from 1 March £645
- Other students early bird rate £645
- Other students from 1 March £675
Other students may book at the RCO Student Member rates provided they then join as a Student Member within one week of booking. Student Membership costs £52 a year renewable on 1 July. The half-year rate for those joining between 1 January and 31 March is just 25 so, join before 1 March and save more than cost of the half-year membership by getting the 30 Student Member discount on the course fees!
In addition to discounted attendance fees on our events and courses, Student Members also receive two copies per year of RCO News, the monthly e-News, the annual RCO Journal and full access to the new iRCO virtual campus. Click here to join the Royal College of Organists.